Sunday, December 1, 2013

Julie G Frosted Gumdrops Holiday 2013

I think the title of this post is pretty self-explanatory for what you will be seeing this evening.  I am super excited that I bought these.  There is not a bad one in the bunch and eventhough it's tough to choose, I do have a couple favorites.  I wanted to wait until the first day of December to put these up just to get everyone in the holiday spirit if you aren't already.
After two days of swatching and a little bit of staining (yep, you read that right) I can finally show you the Julie G Frosted Gumdrops Holiday 2013 collection and my first ever Julie G polishes.  (:
This is two coats of Silver Bells.  This is definitely one of my favorites of the collection.  It's such a clean, bright, true silver and super sparkly which is always great.  I can't wait to wear this one again...and again.
This is two coats of Gift of Gold.  It's not one of my favorites but still gorgeous.  I think if it were a little less yellow-toned I would have loved it as much as the rest.  I think this could be one of those great nail art polishes.
This is one coat of Mistletoe.  This one really looks like sparkly greenery to me and I love it.  I also love that it's a very true green and not leaning blue or yellow.  It has some bright green glitters that really make it something special.
This is two coats of Sleigh Ride and the only stainer of the bunch.  I think this is similar to Zoya Liberty which also stains so maybe it's just something the bright blue pigment does, but nothing a little scrub brush and baking soda can't fix.  Nonetheless, the polish is gorgeous and easily one of my favorites.  I got a lot of compliments on this one.
This is two coats of Sugar Plum Fairy and of course my other favorite simply because it's purple.  However it looks nothing like my other purple textured polishes which is good.  I can't have dupes 'round this place.  It also has beautiful bright purple glitters that really stand out in the right light.
This is two coats of Ho Ho Ho.  It's not one of those colors that I like to wear often but the glitter and texture really make me want to.  This magenta shade looks great on just about everyone.

The texture on these was great and trumps most of the textured polish I have.  They also dried super fast.  My only negative was the brushes.  Each one was fanned out at the end which made it a little difficult to get the polish on without having to clean polish off my skin.  It is definitely something I can look past because these Frosted Gumdrops are awesome.  Great job Julie G!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...