Friday, November 29, 2013

Essie On a Silver Platter

I am still working on swatching the polishes from my mini vacation and of course this is one of them.  The good thing about this post is I finally got my camera back.  Did I tell you all I left in Louisiana?  Well I did and it just arrived today safe and sound.  Now I will have better quality photos rather than using my lame iPhone.
Yes today is Black Friday but I wanted to do something non-black.  Especially since I work in retail and I had to wear all black today, polish included.  Essie On a Silver Platter seems like more of a topper to me but it can be really pretty on it's own as well.  Above is two coats over my bare nail.  It is a gold/silver shimmer base with blue holographic glitters.  I think if you are going to top it over black or some other darker color, you should definitely use a light hand because the shimmer is super saturated and it really takes over the black.

There were a couple of others from the Encrusted Treasures collection that I wanted to try like Belugaria but I hear it's pretty bad.  What do you all think of this Essie collection?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...