Friday, September 20, 2013

31DC2013 - Water Marble

Yay!  Water marble!  Something I am familiar and slightly good at.  I wanted add a little something extra to it so let's see what I did.
I did a marble using three colors - purple, blue, and periwinkle.  The purple is Nicole by OPI Prized Possession Purple, the blue is OPI Dating a Royal, and the periwinkle is Color Club Hydrangea Kiss.
I chose to do random swirls in the water because I wanted it to look like actual marbles.  With that said I added Finger Paints Twisted and then a matte top coat.  Probably a glossy top coat would make it look more like marbles, but I didn't want to be too literal.  These polishes worked so well together, can you all believe I only had to do each nail once?!
I'm getting super exhausted, but we are about to be in the home stretch since two-thirds of the challenge is officially over.  This last set of manis is going to be super tough so I really hope I can bust out some impressive manis or at least find some good inspiration to make the process easier.  Check back tomorrow for my mani inspired by a color.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...