Sunday, September 22, 2013

31DC2013 - Inspired by a Song

This day's challenge was really tough for me because I love all music and I have so many favorite songs.  Lately I've been listening to mixes and not one particular artist or song so I really didn't know what to do.  I finally decided based on what artists I WASN'T listening too at the moment and then just how I was feeling today.  I chose Death Cab for Cutie.  Now I know that's not a song.  It's the band but I couldn't even pick just one of their songs so just them as a whole was my inspiration.
My whole love for Death Cab comes from one person...Ben Gibbard.  I just wanted to make that clear.  He is the singer/songwriter behind Death Cab, Postal Service, DNTEL, and the ex-husband of Zooey Deschanel.  Just thought you all might want some background.
I used Zoya Phoebe as the base color, then I drew on some clouds for fun.  Really they have nothing to do with the logo but...yeah.  lol The DCfC logo is an umbrella with rain on the inside so that's what I did on my ring finger.  I know, so emo right?  
So that's about it.  I know this is kinda sloppy and plain but I've been out of commission for a couple days and like I said, I was having a tough time deciding what to do anyway.  So as a bonus I chose to share with you one of my favorite Death Cab for Cutie songs below.  It's cliche, but so worth it.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...