Sunday, September 15, 2013

31DC2013 - Delicate

Ok I'm gonna be honest.  I don't really get it.  lol A delicate print could be soooo many things so I hope this works out.  I'm not entirely happy with it but here we go.  Oh and let's just thank goodness we are halfway through the challenge!!!
I wonder if you have all seen this technique before.  It's called the "pond manicure" and from what I understand it originated HERE AT OLIVE VIEW FASHION.  I am also using the same jelly polish she used...Zoya Frida.  The concept of a pond manicure is to layer some sort of design in between each jelly layer.  Vicki used white at her design color but I used three different greens as well as white.
I chose to do random brushstrokes to sort of resemble blades of grass...idk.  The greens I used were a Nabi grass green nail art pen, Zoya Ivanka for a little shimmer, and China Glaze Four Leaf Clover.
I can't really say much else about it since I really don't like it.  I still feel like I need to show you all my fails.  I'm only human.  But believe you will see this technique again because I love the whole concept and the way it turns out.  Check out THIS POND MANI from Jacki of Adventures in Acetone.  Just gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...