Saturday, August 17, 2013

Black Cat Appreciation Day!

Yes, you read that right.  Today is the day to give your tiny house panthers black kitties the love they deserve and probably continuously ask for.  My fur baby's name is Monster so I've pulled some of my favorite photos of her to show you how adorable she is.  I think I actually have more photos of her in my camera and phone than my own boyfriend AND nails combined.  lol
This is the first thing I see everyday when I walk in the door.  She basically saying, "Drop everything and rub my belly...then feed me".
"Oh you want to put the sheets back on?  Too bad."
This is her enjoying a chilly winter night by the fire.  She was freaked by the flash.  lol
Just another lazy day on the couch.
"Ugh just put that thing away and give me the treats already, Mom."
Chillin' in the window on my bag of giveaway clothes.  I wonder if Goodwill takes cat hair covered clothing?
Monster in her favorite blanket.  If I use it when I'm on the couch, she's passed out in my lap in less than 10 minutes.
 Is she behind bars?  Nope.  Just hangin' out on the swivel bar stool making her "fat face".
 And my mani to show appreciation for not only black cats but all cats in the world.  In case you didn't know black cats are the least adopted of all cats because of the "superstition" around the world.  With that being said, here a few statistics that may help your decision making process in your next pet adoption.
  • 6–8 million pets end up in shelters each year; half of those will probably not be adopted.
  • Most pets end up homeless through no fault of their own—"moving" and "landlord issues" are the top reasons people give for relinquishing their pets, meaning shelters and rescue groups are full of wonderful, family-ready pets.
  • Pets adopted from shelters and rescue groups typically cost less than pets purchased or even acquired for free—once you add in the cost of vaccinations, spay/neuter surgery, microchip, deworming, and other "extras" included in your adoption fee, you'll probably be surprised what a bargain an adopted pet really is!
  • Most shelters and rescue groups conduct through behavioral analysis of each pet to ensure that they will be the right fit for your family, dramatically improving the chances your new pet will fit right in.
  • Shelters and rescue groups can provide advice on making your relationship with your pet the best it can be for the rest of his or her life, so you’ll never have to go it alone!
  • 25 percent of pets in shelters are purebreds. Breed-specific rescue groups always have purebred dogs and puppies looking for new homes.
(source: http://www.humanesociety.org/issues/adopt/tips/adopting_from_shelter_rescue.html)

Now that the serious stuff is over, go find your fur baby, be it cat or dog, and love the crap out of them.  Give them all the treats they want and play until their heart's content.  ♥

8 comments:

  1. Lol, if you find a place that takes cat hair covered clothes let me know please. We currently have 2 Maine Coon mix rescue boys with tons of hair and one of them has candy floss fine hair that even the washer and dryer doesn't remove from a lot of my clothing. Good thing gray is my favorite neutral. All our cats have been rescues, we wouldn't have it any other way. One of them we got as a 2 yr old and he had been very badly abused. We had never adopted a cat that wasn't a kitten, but once the DH saw him, there was no way we were leaving without him. It's been one of the biggest gifts I have ever received to watch him regain his trust in people and truly come to love us. We lost my little old lady last October, and although I will always miss her, I think it is time to go find a girl kitty who needs us. I'm too out numbered by the boys in this house! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh i LOVE maine coons. my friend has one and he loves me. i'm sorry to hear about your kitty but so glad you are ready to save another one in need. (:

      Delete
  2. OMG!! This is PERFECTION!!!!!
    I LOVE your cat and your mani so much!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww, I love this post and your mani! We have two rescue kitties who are the furry loves of my life. We also sort of watch over the neighborhood stray/outdoor kitty who is so incredibly friendly and snuggly and sweet but clearly prefers to live outside. :-) I'd probably become the crazy cat lady if my husband wasn't the voice of reason....lol!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep that would be me too. especially if we had a house and not an apartment. or if monster would allow it. lol

      Delete
  4. A wonderful post & such cute nails to go along with it :)

    nailedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...