Sunday, February 24, 2013

Zoya PixieDust Collection

OMG!  I finally got them!  My Zoya PixieDust collection is here!!  I feel like they couldn't get here soon enough.  As soon as they came, I ripped them open, ate all the candy in, like, 2 seconds (they were sent from a friend...thank you Jen!!), and then I got down to swatching.  So here they are, just like I promised.  6 of the most beautiful Zoyas I've ever seen.
From L to R: Godiva, Vespa, Nyx, London, Dahlia, and Chyna
Godiva:  I used 3 coats for full opacity and OMG, it's gorgeous.  I'm so amazed at how it really looks like wet sand in the bottle.  It really just makes me want to go on vacation.  lol  This is also the perfect shade of nude for my skin tone and the sparkle is so subtle but really adds some great dimension.  It's such a delicate color.  Does that make sense?  This is definitely one of my favorites in the collection. (as if I could choose a favorite at all)
Godiva with top coat:  I only needed 1 coat of Gelous and 1 coat of Seche Vite for all of them to make them smooth.  I love this with a top coat because it looks like yummy sugar cookies!  mmm
Vespa: OMG!  That's really all I can say to accurately describe how I feel about this beautiful sage green polish.  For this one, I used 3 coats but I could have gotten away with 2.  It's just force of habit for me when taking photos to do 3 coats for good measure.  The sparkle in this one really stands out.  I'm in love.
Vespa with top coat:  I love this one glossy too.  With the top coat you can really see the glitter pop and I think the color is transformed into something really gorgeous.
Nyx: Blue is my least favorite color, but Nyx is just beautiful.  I mean how can you not love sparkly periwinkle polish.  I really love the glints of sparkle.  It's like moving water.  This is 3 coats.
Nyx with top coat:  Sorry this is a little blurry but I had full camera freak out.  The sparkle was too much for it to handle.  I am not a big fan of Nyx with a top coat.  I think the high gloss really distracts from how beautiful it really is.  The top coat seemed to make it more baby blue and less dusty blue.
London:  Oh man.  If I didn't love a foggy grey polish before, I do now.  This is the perfect shade of grey with the perfect amount of sparkle.  As I was waiting for this to dry, I could see it really transform and lighten  up before my eyes and I got super excited.  2 coats are shown.
London with top coat: This is another combo that is not my favorite.  I really just love the textured polish to stay that way.  Matte!
Dahlia: *gasp*  This one was a surprise favorite of mine.  I mean, I know it's just black, but I thought it would be just that.  Plain ol', simple black with texture.  I didn't know how much silver sparkle was packed in until I pulled out the bottle.  It really keeps the polish from looking too dark.  I also love that it dries a little on the charcoal grey side.  I noticed this with OPI Stay the Night too.  That's why I loved it so much.  I used 2 coats of this one.
Dahlia with top coat: WOW!  When I added the top coat, I immediately thought of Zoya Storm.  Then it made me wish that this sugary sparkle in this polish was not silver, but multicolored or scattered holo like Storm.  Aside from that one tiny wish, I LOVE this polish.  I used 2 coats.  Oh and sorry for the crazy glare on the bottle.  This was the best photo I had.
Chyna: aka my number 1 favorite from the whole collection.  This is the only one of the 6 that doesn't have silver sparkle, but a dark red.  I am so happy that this is a darker red and not a super bright red.  I think the shade and texture work very well together to make something amazing.  I only needed 2 coats.  The red base in this one is super saturated.
Chyna with top coat:  When I add a top coat to this one, I immediately think of China Glaze Ruby Pumps.  It's pretty, but it doesn't wow me like when it's matte.

So my initial reaction to this collection:  Oh wow!  I must have all of these!  My reaction after swatching them all: Oh wow!  I'm so happy I bought all of these.  lol I have been wearing my OPI sands a lot since I got them, so I am super excited that I get to add these to the rotation.  My favorites of the collection are definitely Chyna and Dahlia with Godiva and Vespa tied for a close second.  Nyx is pretty, but I may not wear it as often.  I added the top coat so that all of you could see how they transform, but I, personally, will only be wearing them matte.  I am always a sucker for matte polish and then to add texture...I die!!

So what are your thoughts on the textured trend?  Have you taken the plunge or are you just not into it?  Leave your questions and comments below.  I'd love to know what you all think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...