Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Guest Post from Pointless Cafe

I have a wonderful surprise for you all.  A guest post from my dear friend Sheila from Pointless Cafe.  She has the greatest nails, the greatest photos, and one of the prettiest polishes to show us.  Check out her post below!

I was pleased to contribute a post for Danielle’s lovely readers when she asked me! I thought I’d share one of my favorite drugstore brands with you – a shimmer/metallic along with one of their newest glitter polishes. The brand? Pure Ice! Great formula for $1.97? Yes please!

So first up, I have Pure Ice Magic – it’s a deep copper shimmer/metallic that was fully opaque in ONE coat but I used two just out of habit. No issues to report whatsoever. No top coat for the photos.
 And then after 2 days, I did an accent nail using Pure Ice Meet Me in Monaco over my existing Magic mani. As you can see, even with dishes and dogs and regular life, there is minimal to no tip wear and absolutely no chipping. Meet Me in Monaco is a glitter polish in a slightly tinted black base with medium sized silver and copper hex glitters and silver and copper micro-hexes. No issues with this one either. Application was great and the glitters spread nicely and laid perfectly flat on the nail. One coat of Poshe top coat over everything.
What do you think? Some of the more spendy main-stream brands are trying to get in on the glitter craze with limited success and Pure Ice just whips one out! Gotta love ‘em!

Pure Ice polishes are available in the US at Walmart Stores for $1.97 or on Bari Cosmetic's website for around $3.00. Also, be sure and check out their new website, Pure Ice Cosmetics (they have all the links there for Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest, too!) and be sure and like them on Facebook for more information, swatches, giveaways and contests.

Thanks so much to Danielle for having me and I hope to see you guys again one of these days! Black heart (cards)
XOXO
Sheila

Thank you so much Sheila.  I love you to bits for this.  Don't forget to go over to Pointless Cafe and follow her there.  Just in case you missed the link above, HERE is another.  (:

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous mani(s)! Sheila is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That glitter is amaZing and I'm not even a huge glitter fan. Going to have to search for that one though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah from what i understand all the new pure ice polishes are completely sold out at most walmarts. the only ones left at my local one are the old or 'uglier' ones. lol good luck!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...