Sunday, December 23, 2012

Russian Navy x 4

Good Afternoon everyone.  I have been having a crazy swatch party all morning trying to get rid of some untrieds.  Unfortunately for my stash, I brought home yet another polish that would have been left untried if I hadn't been so impressed with the nail wheel swatch.  Also I own the suede version so I wanted to see how they compared.

Here we have the original Russian Navy.  This is my favorite version of all I think.  It was very strange to me how the bottle shot looked very purple, but then I realized that the finish was navy with a gorgeous purple shimmery flash.  This covered very well in one coat, but I did two just for good measure.
Here I just used Hard Candy Mattely In Love to mattify the original Russian Navy, and I hate it. The crazy thing is that when I apply the matte top coat, it looks almost identical to the matte (not suede) version.  It takes the shimmer away almost completely.  There.  Done!  Now I don't have to look at it anymore.

Wow!  I have swatched this before, but I know my photos were pretty crappy, and I guess I just forgot how awesome it is.  This is the suede version of Russian Navy, and I love it.  It dries matte and has super sparkle!  This is 2 coats.

And then I applied a top coat to the suede version of Russian Navy, and it certainly raises the wow factor.  I'm really in love with this one.  I think if it were this color with a holo sparkle, it would be even more AAAHHH-mazing!

I feel like I'm pretty good at not buying dupes and/or polishes that are way too similar to one another so I'm glad I get to keep both of these since the finishes are so completely different.

I also want to tell you all that you have just over 24 hours to enter my 12 Days of Christmas giveaway so do that if you want to win some awesome prizes including Fever Lacquers, a Sephora gift card, and a special one of a kind Alter Ego polish.

Thanks for stopping by and happy blogging.
D

4 comments:

  1. Both are gorgeous, and I don't own either! I actually like the first one mattified though. I don't use my matte top coats enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh you need to. i go through 1 bottle a year. lol

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...